Fracking firm INEOS wants to hunt for shale gas in Sherwood Forest. Its fracking plans threaten a swathe of central England. But we have other plans.
Inspired by the legend of Robin Hood and the people who stood by his side against injustice, local communities everywhere are fighting back against the fracking industry.
Take up the mantle of Robin Hood and say: No fracking in my hood!
Week of activities: 5-10 March
What: Join a fun-filled week of activities organised by Friends of the Earth and Eckington Against Fracking
Where: Eckington in Derbyshire.
When: Monday 5 to Saturday 10 March.
Free lantern-making workshops throughout the week. Materials provided. All ages welcome, though under 10s must be with an adult. Limited spaces so please register.
Street Fayre: Street Theatre, Facepainting, Music and Games. Saturday 10 March, Market Street, 12-3pm.
Grand finale: dress-up lantern parade through the centre of Eckington, carrying lanterns made at workshops during the week. Saturday 10 March, from Green Lawns Community Centre to the drilling site and back. Departs 6pm. Optional dress-up : Robin Hood costume, accessories or forest green.
More info and booking
All events are free but space might be limited – so please register using the links below.
- Check out the Facebook event page for the week’s activities.
- Book lantern-making workshops at Eckington civic centre.
- Book lantern-making workshops in St Peter & St Paul Church in Eckington.
- Book lantern-making workshops in Marsh Lane.
- Book lantern-making workshops in Dronfield.
- Book lantern-making workshops in Coal Aston.
- To order flyers and posters to help promote these events in your area – or if you have any other questions about the events – please email our fracking team.
Not the event you were looking for?
Do you want to do something right now?
Join tens of thousands of us in signing the petition to save Sherwood Forest from fracking.