Do you live in Gloucestershire?
Are you passionate about environmental issues and do you like to work closely with a team of like-minded people?
Are you looking for a challenging, interesting and fun voluntary role and do you have some spare time each week?
Then you’re just what we’re looking for!
Use and develop your people, teamwork and leadership skills …and help us fight against climate change and environmental injustice. Become a Coordinator of Cheltenham Friends of the Earth.
Who are we?
Cheltenham Friends of the Earth is a friendly group of campaigners working for solutions to environmental problems in our area. Our group has a strong record of successful action on local and national environmental issues; recently we’ve promoted the Bee Cause and Clean British Energy campaigns, worked with our local council on environmental issues and are actively engaged with other local groups.
Who are we looking for?
To support our activity we are looking for a coordinator to keep our campaigns running smoothly. We have a treasurer and membership officer, but we need a coordinator to help keep us on track with our regular meetings and annual goals.
You would receive ongoing advice, training and support from a dedicated member of staff at national Friends of the Earth. Please note that you will need to live in or near Cheltenham.
- Organising and attending monthly meetings
- Promoting communication and planning, and helping to create a group environment that is inclusive and rewarding.
- Welcoming new members to the group and making sure the group’s interests are reflected in campaigning activities
- Keeping the group updated with key activities and actions.
- Acting as a contact for the group with Friends of the Earth HQ.
- Ensuring the group has goals and stays focused on them.
- Supporting other members of the group in their roles.
- Assisting the group in developing campaigns – both national and local.
Key skills or requirements:
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- Good at delegating
- Friendly, open and approachable
- Good at communicating (phone, in person, by letter or email)
- IT literate to a basic level – using internet, email, word processing
- Supportive of the Friends of the Earth agenda, and generally aware and concerned about environmental issues
- An ability to dedicate time on some evenings and weekends
Why get involved?
This is a challenging, interesting and fun role; which should take approximately four hours per week (unpaid) and will make a massive difference to our ability to campaign effectively for the environment.
We don’t expect you to know everything from the start and support will be available to help you find your feet. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience and skills, meet like-minded people, and learn more about environmental issues.
It is an unpaid post, but agreed expenses relating to work for the group will be refunded.
This job is suitable for a recent graduate.
How to express interest
Contact us on [email protected] with a phone number we can reach you on and any personal background which you feel may be relevant, as well as any questions you might have. We will then get back in touch with you for a chat about the role.