Oxford Friends of the Earth has been working to protect bees in Oxfordshire for the past five years in conjunction with The Bee Cause campaign.
Our 2015 report, Towards a thriving future for bees in Oxfordshire, identifies ways to move forward with action.
We launched the lottery-funded project Creating a Buzz! in 2015, which showed how people linked to any church, mosque, synagogue or other faith building can make the green spaces around them better for bees. The Creating a Buzz toolkit was launched in 2016 and is based on work done with a number of faith groups in Oxford.
We're now setting up a network of Bee Champions.
If you’re active in any way on protecting bees, or would like to be, then we’d like to hear from you!
We’re looking for people who support bees in different ways. These could include:
- Supporting a particular local project to protect and encourage bees
- Developing or planting your own bee habitat
- Writing articles / letters / updates for local press, social media etc. on the need to protect bees and their habitats, and what’s being done locally
- Working with councils and MPs to ensure bees are well protected
- Working with Oxford Friends of the Earth on bee-related events and activities
If you work to support bees in other ways we’d like to hear from you.
Please email us for further information.