Oxford Friends of the Earth is looking for a volunteer air pollution campaigner. This would suit someone with an active interest in air pollution and developing campaign skills, and who can commit at least four hours per week. The volunteer will work with active members of the group and the role will involve:
- Getting more people and groups involved and maintaining an overview of activists and other groups
- Helping to organise meetings and other events including a major event planned for spring 2018
- Monitoring national and local media of all types and sharing information with activists and supporters
- Working with other local groups and partners on projects including an anti-idling campaign
- Producing briefings for activists and partners
- Helping to raise funds for this work
The volunteer will be supported by existing group members and will report to the group coordinator. Directly-related expenses will be paid. The volunteer will have opportunities for training and development.
We are looking for a person of any age who is:
- A ‘self-starter’ – someone who can agree with others on the tasks to do and then work on them
- Committed to improving the quality of the air and the wider environment in Oxford and across Oxfordshire
- Competent in the use of standard IT packages and social media
- Can work from home
- Keen to build their skills and to help others to do the same
- Able to do some work in the evenings and weekends
The post would initially be for six months starting January 2018 (or earlier), but could develop. If you are interested please send a short letter telling us why you are interested in this work along with your CV to Fiona Tavner, Coordinator, Oxford Friends of the Earth. Applications close 31 December 2017.