Our group aims to promote public appreciation for our ecosystem and to campaign for its conservation, restoration and rational use, particularly in the Nottingham area.
Nottingham Friends of the Earth works on a variety of issues. Most recently, we’ve
- Opposed shale gas or coal bed methane extraction
- Campaigned to clean up air pollution by reducing traffic
- Helped residents around the City Hospital to get the hospital's coal-fired boiler shut down•
- Pushed Notts Pension Fund to divest from fossil fuel companies
- Supported a National Bee Action Plan to reverse the decline of bees and other pollinators
- Campaigned for our local councils and citizens to reduce climate change emissions
Get in touch with Nottingham Friends of the Earth to find out how you can take part. There's no commitment involved, but it’s your chance to meet new people, put your skills and abilities to good use, and gain new experiences.
We need people with enthusiasm and all kinds of skills and from all walks of life to keep our campaigning fresh and our group vibrant. You don't need to be an experienced campaigner to help out.
To find out when our next meeting is – or just to learn more about the group and ways you can get involved – contact us using the form below.
Nottingham Friends of the Earth is a licenced local group of Friends of the Earth England, Wales & Northern Ireland.
Content on linked websites is maintained by the groups themselves. If you have any queries about linked content, get in touch with the local group using the form above.