We’re a voluntary group of busy people from different backgrounds but what we have in common is a desire to help create a thriving world for everyone, and for the future.
That involves action for climate change and working to create a healthy natural environment, a fair economy, and a world where everyone’s needs are met.
What we're working on now:
- opposing the proposed new coal mine near Whitehaven
- building a local workforce for the climate emergency
- working with local green initiatives, eg, the Zero Carbon Cumbria Partnership
- opposing the use of recreational vehicles on green lanes in the National Park
- supporting biodiversity initiatives
- opposing new nuclear power, advocating for safe stewardship of nuclear waste, and showing how our economy can work well without nuclear.
We welcome new members and enjoy the chance to discuss and learn about green issues. Our group is very well respected locally, having successfully campaigned on various issues over the years, and we've won national Friends of the Earth awards for our work.
Our meetings are by Zoom on the fourth Wednesday of every month at 7pm, sometimes with a speaker. We also hold occasional street stalls in West Cumbrian towns. Our email list informs members and supporters of news, campaigns, and events. Our website is http://www.cumbrianenergyrevolution.org.uk/
Get in touch with us on [email protected] or else use the contact form below.
Get in touch
Find out how you can get involved locally
West Cumbria and North Lakes Friends of the Earth is a licenced local group of Friends of the Earth England, Wales & Northern Ireland.
Content on linked websites is maintained by the groups themselves. If you have any queries about linked content, get in touch with the local group using the form above.