Friends of the Earth is looking for an innovative tech startup to take up residence in our award-winning south London office - rent free.
We want a world where the Earth’s population, its climate and natural world are protected and can thrive. We believe tech startups can help achieve this and we want to contribute to their success.
We’re offering six months’ free desk space, which represents an estimated cost-saving of over £8000. What better way to help your business grow and develop? You'll also get to see how we work and get access to internal events, and networking opportunities.
You don’t have to be all about the environment, or campaigning - far from it. But if your ambitions in some way complement our values then we want to hear from you.
Applications close on 26 July 2017. Shortlisted applicants will be announced in mid-August and invited to pitch their business to a panel of judges in late September 2017.
Please read the full terms and conditions (below) before submitting your application.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- By entering this competition, entrants indicate their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The promoter is Friends of the Earth Limited. Reg. No.1012357 whose registered office is at The Printworks, 1st Floor, 137-143 Clapham Road, SW9 0HP.
- The competition opens on 13 June 2017 and closes on 11:59pm on 26 July 2017. To qualify for the competition applicants must complete the official application form.
- Applications will be assessed by a judging panel against the following criteria: (a) Friends of the Earth’s core values: We want a world where the Earth’s population, its climate, fresh water, food supplies and natural world are protected and can thrive. Your business doesn’t have to be all about the environment, or campaigning, far from it. But we’re looking for a startup that in some way complements our values. (b) Potential for success: We like to find solutions to things at Friends of the Earth. And we get excited when they work. So it goes without saying that we want to see you succeed. (c) Innovation: We’re looking for something different; something original, inspiring and ambitious. So don’t forget to show us how what you’re doing is unique.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to pitch their business to a panel of judges. Pitches are expected to take place in late September 2017. The decision of the judging panel is final.
- The prize is as follows: six months’ desk space, rent-free in Friends of the Earth’s London office - up to 4 desks. (The Printworks, 139 Clapham Road, London, SW9 0HP). The winner will also be able to take part in Friends of the Earth’s internal events and network with the organisation’s staff and volunteers. Desk space is offered on a hot-desking basis. Final details to be agreed between Friends of the Earth and the winning applicant. Residency is available from October 2017 onwards, exact start date to be agreed.
- Friends of the Earth would like to tap into your digital, technical and innovation expertise from time to time during your residency. We appreciate you will be busy growing your business, and so don’t anticipate this being more than an hour or two a week.
- The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The equivalent value of £8000 used in marketing messaging is indicative and based on rental prices as of November 2016. Friends of the Earth is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition. The prizes are not transferable.
- The winning startup agrees to the use of their name and image in any publicity material, as well as their application. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- Friends of the Earth shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions. Such change shall be effective immediately upon updating this page.
- Applicants must be aged at least 18 years old as of 1 August 2017.
- Friends of the Earth reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
Effective from 12 June 2017.