What you get in the kit
- Wildflower seeds – grow bee food so your neighbourhood bees don't go hungry.
- A garden planner – to help you create a bee-friendly garden all year round.
- A bee spotter guide – so you can identify your new garden visitors.
- Step by step guide - full of useful hints and tips for saving bees.
- Bee postcards - to send to your loved ones.
Why we need to help bees
Bees pollinate flowers, plants and crops that support other species (including humans). Without bees, our economy and the future wellbeing of our children and grandchildren would be at risk.
That's why it's so worrying that 13 bee species have become extinct in the UK since 1900 and a further 35 are on the threatened species list.
Three reasons Britain's bees need your help today:
- The loss of habitat is the most pressing problem facing British bees: 97% of our vital grasslands have been lost in the past 60 years.
- Bees pollinate 75% of our main food crops worldwide, including some of our favourite produce like apples, strawberries and tomatoes.
- Scientists estimate that it would cost over £1.8 billion every single year to pollinate UK crops by hand.