What you get in the kit
- Wildflower seeds – grow bee food so your neighbourhood bees don't go hungry.
- A garden planner – to help you create a bee-friendly garden all year round.
- A bee spotter guide – so you can identify your new garden visitors.
- Step by step guide – full of useful hints and tips for saving bees.
- A bee postcard – to send to your loved ones.
Why we need to help bees
A changing climate and dwindling nature mean double trouble for bees and other pollinators.
13 bee species have become extinct in the UK since 1900 and a further 35 are on the threatened species list. The changes in seasonal weather are causing problems for bees in finding food and places to nest.
Three reasons Britain's bees need your help today:
- 97% of our vital grasslands have been lost in the past 60 years meaning bees have lost some of their most precious habitat.
- Bees pollinate 75% of our main food crops worldwide, including some of our favourite produce like apples, strawberries and tomatoes.
- Scientists estimate that it'd cost over £1.8 billion every single year to pollinate UK crops by hand.
Bees and other pollinators play a crucial role in the future of our economy, wellbeing, and the fight against climate and nature breakdown.