Run or cycle for your planet
Run or cycle for your planet and raise money for Friends of the Earth.
Much like the climate emergency, the pandemic has affected the most vulnerable both at home and abroad. Our climate campaign team is working tirelessly to make sure the government adopts a recovery plan which both fixes our broken economy and prioritises people and planet.
Like you, we know a better future is possible. Help support this crucial campaign by setting up a fundraiser today.
How to fundraise
Follow our simple step-by-step guide below on how to get started.
- Pick your exercise. You could run around your local park, cycle your usual commute to work, challenge yourself to reach 10,000 steps a day or even 50-100km over a month. Get creative and make it personal to you.
- Track the distance you do using your phone or other device.
- Set-up your JustGiving page and ask friends, family and work colleagues to donate.
- Share your page on social media. Try and raise at least £100.
- Remember to follow government advice on social distancing.
Why fundraise for Friends of the Earth?
Friends of the Earth has a great track record when it comes to environmental "wins". Over the past year we:
✔️ Put a halt to fracking
✔️ Defeated Heathrow expansion in the courts
✔️ Triggered industry action on plastic pollution
✔️ Persuaded councils to start doubling tree cover
✔️ Supported almost 200 local Climate Action groups in developing community solutions to the climate crisis.
The financial future is uncertain and we need your support more than ever. With your help we'll demand that post-coronavirus recovery plans tackle the climate and nature emergencies.
More ways to fundraise
If a sponsored physical challenge isn’t for you, there are still lots of other ways you can raise funds and help protect the planet.
Get inspired by other fundraisers or come up with your own creative way of helping the planet with our fundraising ideas.
If you have questions or need more information, please contact our Supporter Care Team on 0800 581 051 or [email protected]. We’re open 10am to 3pm, Monday to Friday.